The Sunshine Coast Salmonid Enhancement Society recently launched ‘Explore the Wild” Summer Camps of our local creek, forest and ocean ecosystem through scientific investigation and inquiry, exploration and observation, creativity, outdoor games, and outdoor skill building activities.”
Educator Jennifer Callaghan will ensure your child has a creative learning experience.
- Observe pacific salmon, a keystone species, and skills people use to interact with salmon – like fishing.
- Investigate aquatic life in Chapman Creek, take samples and consider stream life and stream health
- Discover the wildlife and plant life that call the area home
- Explore where Chapman Creek meets the ocean and salmon head to sea.
- Develop outdoor skills for experiencing the wild and practice skills like safety with wildlife, examples of foraging, shelter building and knot tying.
Participants will walk a lot, probably talk a lot, and try for some quiet moments too! All activities are designed to be hands-on, educational and fun! All programs are based out of the classroom at Chapman Creek hatchery. Program leaders have extensive experience in outdoor programming and certified first aid training. Volunteer High School students can also earn credits.
July 25-29, Aug 8-12, Aug 15-19, 22-26
Single day registrations also available. We’re offering members a 25% discount off all our one week camps.
To register go to http://scsalmon.org/education/
or call the hatchery on 604 885 4136